Privacy and Cookies Policy
About this policy
The Data Controller (the organisation responsible for looking after your data) is Cornish Riviera Holidays (known as "CRH"). CRH are committed to protecting your information and you have a right to know how we will use it. This policy follows the guidelines of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which supersedes the Data Protection Act 1998 from 25th May 2018.
This policy covers our dealings with private individuals either as;
- guests - people who have booked or are looking for a holiday through us,
- owners - people who are letting their holiday home or are looking to let their holiday home through CRH,
- contractors - people who help maintain and prepare the property ready for the guests arrival or have enquired to become a contractor.
As the lead guest must be over the age of 18 we do not collect personal information from children.
We will continue to update our Privacy and Cookies Policy as data protection law or business practices change and the latest version of this policy can be found on our website www.cornishrivieraholidays.co.uk. This version of the policy is effective from 4th May 2018.
Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is Bridget Armstrong who may be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to Cornish Riviera Holidays, Westcotts Quay, St Ives, TR26 2DY, United Kingdom.
We use your data in order to process your booking and arrange your holiday and with your consent, send you direct marketing via email or post. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. All our marketing communications include an unsubscribe link to make it easy to withdraw consent. If you have a holiday booked and you have not yet stayed, we’ll still need to hold onto your data so we can contact you regarding your holiday.
If you are concerned about the processing of your data, please contact us at email@example.com.
The GDPR includes the following rights for individuals the right
- to be informed
- of access
- to rectification
- to be forgotten
- to data portability
- to object; and
- not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
To exercise your rights, please contact us in writing either by email or post.
Personal information we collect and record
- Identification: name, title, age if under 18
- Contact details: postal address, phone numbers, email address(es).
- Bookings: property booked, holiday arrival/departure dates, cost of holiday, amounts paid, limited details of other guests booked in the same property (names, age if under 18), plus if you are bringing any dogs with you
- Marketing preferences: whether you wish to receive marketing information from us, and if so, by which methods (post, email).
- Payment: method, the last four digits of card numbers, payment card expiry date, amounts collected, third party payment service provider references, if applicable bank details (to pay damage deposit back to your account). Please note that we do not capture or store your full card details: payment is handled by our secure payment service provider which is SagePay.
- Browsing: historical searches, how you use our website, website experience, user survey responses, the devices and IP addresses you use to access our services (operating system, browser). We collect this information so that we can continuously improve our website and our service to you.
- Guest feedback: any feedback you leave via feedback forms or visitor books
- Communication with us: emails, letters, customer service cases, feedback forms, your interaction with our marketing (for example, opening our newsletter emails, clicking on links within the email – we track this to help ensure our communications are relevant and interesting).
- Using our website: cookies, IP addresses.
- Specific to owners: address, address of holiday home(s), bank details, historical and future booking information, photographs of the properties they own.
- Specific to contractors: contact details and bank details
We advertise our properties on third party websites and we may receive some of the above information from other companies you use. In such cases, those companies must also inform you about their use of your data.
How we use your personal information
- To manage your holiday booking
- To understand how to improve our services
- To display appropriate adverts on third party websites related to your online activity
- To communicate with you by, including but not limited to, by email, phone and post, messages on social media, as part of our customer service
- To process your payments
- With your permission, to send you relevant marketing information
- To make sure our servers and websites are operating correctly
How we collect personal information
- From you, as you provide it to us (e.g. when booking a holiday, leaving a review or enquiring about letting a property)
- Your use of our website
- Third party websites that you may book with which advertise our properties
- Your interaction with our marketing activities (provided you have not unsubscribed)
Legal basis of processing
There are several grounds on which we will store and use your data. As follows:
Consent: CRH rely on your consent to use your data for marketing purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
Contract: much of the time, your data is used for matters concerning your holiday. CRH act on behalf of the property owners and as such the hiring contract is between the lead guest and the owner. We store relevant data for up to seven years from the date the contract ends - i.e the last day of your holiday.
Legal obligations: CRH are under certain binding legal obligations, such as accounting to the government for tax and making financial records available for audit. In such cases, we are typically obliged to retain data for up to seven years from the date of the transaction.
How we share your personal information
To process your booking and to ensure that the property is ready for your arrival, we share your name, the property you are staying in and your arrival and departure date to the relevant contractor and the owner of the property.
If you permit us to send you marketing information, we may share your data with companies that provide specialist marketing platforms. These companies are under strict obligations to protect your privacy and comply with your marketing preferences. Our marketing partner company is:
Security of your data
We protect your data with various technological measures. We also regularly test and evaluate the security of our systems, updating safeguards as appropriate. Our staff are trained in the importance of security and privacy and we treat breaches of confidentiality and privacy as disciplinary matters.
Payment service providers
In order to ensure your transactions are as secure as possible, we hand over payment card processing to Sage Pay Europe Limited, North Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 9AA
We allow some third party advertisers to place cookies on our websites – and from there, in your browser. Please note that you may use your browser’s controls to disable cookies at any time.